Found on one of our partner website Wixter
Shrimp Spring Rolls
12 oz Wixter American Shrimp
10 Rice Paper Wraps
10 small leaves Bib Lettuce
1 cup Purple Cabbage, thinly shredded
1 cup Carrots, julienned
1 Avocado, sliced
20 fresh Mint leaves
20 fresh Basil leaves
20 sprigs fresh Cilantro
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- Whisk together the peanut sauce ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring 6 cups of water to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for 2 minutes. Strain and place on paper towel to dry.
- When the shrimp have cooled, slice them in half so that they lay flat. (optional)
- Fill a pie pan or large bowl with water that is big enough for the rice paper rounds to fit.
- Submerge a rice paper round for 10-15 seconds flipping over once and then lay flat on a cutting board. The rice paper will still be a bit stiff but it will continue to soften as you roll.
- Place the lettuce on the bottom third of your rice paper and then layer 1 tablespoon each of the cabbage and carrots. Lay one slice of avocado and then layer two pieces each of the herbs. Top with three shrimp pieces.
- Carefully, tightly roll the paper away from you and fold the sides in an envelope pattern until it’s closed completely.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers. Eat immediately. Serve with peanut dipping sauce. Enjoy!