- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1 pound Certified Piedmontese 96% ground beef
- 1 pound Certified Piedmontese 85% ground beef
- 6 tsp ground cumin (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 can tomatoes, diced (8 oz)
- 1 can green chiles, mild (7 oz)
- 2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
1. Heat a heavy bottomed lidded stock pot over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add avocado oil.
2. Add onions, carrots and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Next, add ground meat, cumin, chipotle chili powder and smoked paprika.
4. Cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally so as to not burn ingredients.
5. Pour in tomatoes, green chiles and sea salt.
6. Cover and simmer on low for 90-120 minutes, stirring occasionally.