This tequila-lime and herb cutting board sauce gives this juicy…tender…delicious… grass-fed ribeye the PERFECT compliment! The beauty of a cutting board sauce is that the pan-seared ribeye rests on a herbaceous and zesty sauce bed, slowly dripping warm and savory steak jus throughout the sauce. Then sliced and served all on the same board! What a show stopper to serve to yourself, friends, and family! Fatty, salty, fresh, acidic… meaty… extremely delicious.
- Grass Fed Ribeye
- Cutting board sauce:
- 1/2 bunch chopped parsley
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1/2 bunch sliced green onions
- 1/2 finely chopped red pepper
- 1 large lime (zest and juice)
- 1 splash of your favorite tequila (can omit to keep alcohol-free)
- 1 splash of champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 splash of EVOO
- Salt and pepper to taste (start with 1 tsp of salt and ½ tsp of pepper)
- Pinch of red chili flakes
1) Seasoned with salt and pepper or your favorite steak rub.
2) Pan-sear or grill your ribeye over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes a side until you hit an internal temperature of 10 degrees Fahrenheit below your desired finished temperature. Using a meat thermometer will give you the most accurate results.
3) Let the ribeye rest over your cutting board sauce for 5-10 minutes to let the steak juices comingle with your sauce.
4) Slice and toss the ribeye in the sauce and serve family style.
1) Combine ingredients.